Saturday, March 29, 2008

Little Stinker

19 1/2 months old is too young to climb out of a crib!!! But try telling that to Rachel ... yah, right. Well, that was Rachel's Easter present to me. While being very sick, she had an awful time napping (if it was anything like the sickness I, myself, was getting over, I could understand the horrible pain in the head, ears, and throat she must've been feeling). Therefore, she resisted falling asleep and consequently learned to maneuver herself out of the crib without falling or hurting herself one bit. Not good for a mother who would like to rely on consistent naps with a new baby about to come!

In desperation, I rearranged the furniture in her room and pulled an extra mattress to her floor for naptime. It's been a horrible week as we are trying to convince her to 1) fall asleep on the mattress with all the freedom around her, and 2) stay asleep on the mattress longer than 30 minutes (since her naps used to be 2 to 3 hours on a daily basis, 30 minutes seems like crisis-mode to me!). I can't say it's getting much better, even though she's not sick anymore. Any advice, anyone??? For what it's worth, here's an angelic picture of the little darling actually asleep.

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

Hi Allyson, Good luck with naps, I can totally understand. Caleb started crawling out of the crib at 14 months. I guess the cycle of naps went up and down, but the best thing for me has been to establish a routine of reading just before nap time and sticking to it. If I miss reading, he has a much harder time going down.