Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Birth-Day" Party

Some really sweet gals at church threw a "Birth-Day Party" for baby Kierstyn and baby Timothy (my friend, Tasha, had a baby 3 weeks after Kierstyn was born). It was so much fun to have a combined celebration to welcome these sweet babies into the world. Before the party, I was really looking forward to getting out for the evening with just the baby ... and I thought I had everything in order so I could leave in plenty of time to get there a few minutes early. Needless to say, although I left the house close to my scheduled time, I arrived 30 minutes late! Unforeseen challenges: a baby who began to scream shortly after getting on the road ... screamed and screamed .... pulling over "briefly" to nurse her a bit to tide her over ... discovering a HUGE poopy-blow-out (sopping her cute party-clothes from her knees to nearly her arm-pits) ... having only 2 wipes in the car with me (I'd sent the rest of the diaper-bag stash with Marc for Rachel while they were attending Carlie's softball game) ... somehow managing to clean up the mess and donning her in pajamas (the only spare outfit I had brought with me) ... nursing the now-totally-starved-baby ... and finally making it to the party! What an adventure!

The highlight of the party was a cake that Tasha had asked our friend, Brittney (a culinary-arts graduate), to make. The 3 of us brainstormed to design it, and it turned out to be the cutest cake I've ever seen! A "present" for Kierstyn and a "present" for Tim! I really hated to cut it and eat it! But it ended up being delicious too (the blue one was chocolate cake with chocolate filling, and the pink one was lemon cake with raspberry filling).


Allyson and Tasha with the babies.

Gathered around the delicious food: Vivian, Angela, and Jo.

Snuggling the little stars of the party: Ruth Stephens and her daughter, Stephanie.



No comments: