Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election 2008

I'm so grateful for the right and privilege to vote as a citizen of the United States of America. It's exhilarating when your "side" wins, and depressing when they don't. Today I felt both of those emotions. I am not looking forward to President-elect Barrack Obama leading our nation. In my gut, I truly don't trust him and the direction in which he'll lead us ... and in my gut, I honestly don't feel safe with him. But I am truly grateful to God for a living prophet that leads and guides our church in the ways the Lord would want. That firm knowledge brings me much peace - a calm amidst a storm. In addition, I am overjoyed at the vote today in California, Arizona, and Florida - where propositions were overwhelmingly passed to protect marriage and traditional family values and freedoms. I am no longer a resident of CA or AZ, but I want to send a heartfelt thanks to all of you who are and who voted (and worked so hard) to pass these! Your success is felt and appreciated here in Wisconsin and in every state, I'm sure!

My little voting helpers. Kierstyn just wanted to eat the seatbelts (who needs to smile for a camera?), and she got scared by a stranger smiling at her while I was in the middle of voting - so the whole room got to hear her lovely ear-piercing scream. But at least we broke a weather record for the high today - about 72 degrees, I think! Gorgeous!



No comments: