Monday, September 27, 2010

Apple-Pickin' Fun

Rachel's "4-K" preschool class took a field trip to an apple orchard in De Pere.  She rode the bus (her first time on a yellow school bus!) with her teacher and class, and Kierstyn and I (mommy) drove separately and met them there.  It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny fall day.


We took a walk around the tiny "zoo" to see the animals, then headed to the apple trees for some pickin'.  Rachel was given a little bag to fill with her own apples, and Kierstyn downright demanded she be given her own bag too!  I was surprised at how well both girls did pulling the apples off the short little trees.


We were encouraged to taste a fresh-picked apple, and the girls enthusiastically began munching away.  At home I always cut them into wedges (and take the skin off), so I wasn't sure if they'd manage biting into a whole apple.  But they each did pretty good and were very thrilled with their OWN apple!!


Kierstyn and the Llama

Deer!

Try to remember ... twist then snap your wrist down!

Rachel loved the big stem that came off the tree with this apple!


Pull hard!  Use those muscles!

** Crunch **

Yum yum...
Little wooden stationary Train for the kids to climb around at the end.

Peek-a-boo, cute pumpkins!
Kierstyn was NOT in the mood for a picture with Rachel and her friends!
Rachel, Kennedy, Hailey, Mackenzie, and ?

No comments: