One of my classes from this past spring organized a reunion to meet each other's babies. They invited me to come and share the joy of these little ones and the birthing experiences the mothers had.
![]() |
| Rachel, Kierstyn, me, Heidi with baby boy, Nicole with baby girl, Lucie with baby boy, and Rebecca with baby girl |
Back in April of this year, I had the great privilege of attending the birth of Jacob Fischer and coaching his mother (my very good friend, Tasha) through an unmedicated labor and birth. She had taken my class and I offered to attend IF she labored at a time that I could escape from home and my responsibilities there. Prayers were answered, and the timing was perfect. Tasha warned me around midnight on a Sunday night (Easter, actually) that her water broke and mild contractions were coming. Then at 3 am she called to say she was on her way to the hospital - and I met her there. Jacob was born around 5:45 am, so I was even able to get back home in time for Marc to get to work on time. It was a beautiful experience to be there for his birth, and wonderful to see Tasha's strength (that she didn't know she had).
| Allyson, baby Jacob, and Tasha |

No comments:
Post a Comment