Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ice Skating with Carlie

My kids have never been ice-skating, although we attempted an indoor rink last year just to find out that the "open skate" for the public had been cancelled for some hockey tournament. Grrrrr. In addition, the open skate times are RARE around here - hockey trumps them all most of the time.

However, this year there is a small outdoor rink just down the street from our neighborhood. Carlie's 3rd grade teacher, Mr. Herlache, organized a class skating party on the evening of the last day of school before Christmas break (yes, my kids had a full day of school on December 23rd!!! I thought it was great since we aren't leaving town - better just keep the kids busy!). It was pretty cold, but a lot of fun. Marc kept the other kids, and Carlie and I got to do something together! The only glitch was that the rink has very few pairs of skates for rent, so I ended up with a size 10 (I wear shoe size 7.5). I went slow, but never fell! Carlie was fabulous for a first-timer! She looked like she had been skating many times before!

Here's only SOME of the 3rd grade girls from our street ... and they are all in the same class! Hannah, Taylor, Emily, and Carlie.


Sitting on the edge of the rink - Carlie, Mr. Herlache (who is adored by all the 3rd grade little girls!), and Emily.


Carlie and her mama (wearing her old, ugly coat from college ... need to get a new one soon!)



Class picture

No comments: