Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Decoration

Life has been so busy lately - five children (especially with a baby and toddler included in that number), church Enrichment meetings & "giving tree" to head-up, the boys' birthdays - it's all left me a little drained in the "decorating for Christmas" category. I confess I left about 1/3 of our decorations still in the bins, and our tree was a little sad and bare. But there is one decoration I CHERISH - it brought a smile to my face each time I saw it.

It's not an ornament ...

It's not the boys-playing-Wii-nonstop-on-the-couch (Lego Star Wars) while the rest of us try to decorate ...

It's this.
Fisher-Price's Little People Nativity set. Probably the best money I spent online last December. I was so thrilled to pull it out and re-introduce it to Rachel ... and let Kierstyn say hello (with slobber) to it multiple times a day for a month. When you push the angel on top of the stable, it plays the music to "Away in a Manger". It's cute, kid-safe, and 100% putting Christ back into Christmas.



Rachel absolutely loves to play with it. She rearranges the figures as she jabbers to herself, "Baby Jesus ... the mama ... the angel ... where the neigh-neigh go?"

Below is a picture of her right before bed one night ... while the big kids and parents read scriptures, she lovingly played with the nativity.



Sharing with KiKi one day...



My two little girls are soooo cute when they play together!!


No comments: