Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

Trick or Treat!! My four little "monsters" had great fun dressing up this year and getting the beloved candy (every mother's dream - sugar highs, stomach aches, and potential cavities). We got to enjoy it twice this year - a Saturday night Trunk-or-Treat at church, and Wednesday Halloween in the neighborhood.

We found Wisconsin's Halloween to be a bit chillier than we're used to (Mommy survived the outing with a jacket, mittens, scarf over mouth and nose, and a headband/ear cover), but the kids didn't mind. Luckily, the trend here is to trick-or-treat after school and before dinner. About 4:30 to 6:45 pm brought out many, many kids in the neighborhood, but none after that! I was grateful for the shreds of warmth the setting sun may've provided.

Chandler was Harry Potter ... he loved the millions of comments (easily recognized by everyone, and many people were impressed with how authentic he looked). Carlie was a "rock star singer" with an American Idol logo costume, microphone, and a guitar for about 30 seconds (until she got tired of holding it). One lady at a door requested that she sing for her, but Carlie shyly declined. Caleb was a cute green dragon (not very ferocious). Rachel was a puppy dog. For the photography shoot, Rachel was not thrilled to get dressed up. She started throwing a tantrum and bonked her head on our hard wood floor. Then she really screamed. I was finally able to snap a couple pictures with her pacifier in her mouth, but she refused to cooperate through most of my picture attempts.




1 comment:

Karyl said...

I'm sure that your Wisconsin neighbors enjoyed you with a coat, scarf and mittens!!! They probably thought you were dressed up in costume.
I hope you survive your first winter in the cold. Shortly after we moved to CA from WI it was October and cold front had come through. It dropped the temps to the upper 60's during the day. I was at the bank in shorts and a t-shirt. The woman in line in front of me was wearing a coat, mittens and scarf complaining to the teller about how cold it was it outside. I just looked at her and then myself and laughed quietly and thought "Good grief, what is wrong with these people?"
While I'm not quite as comfortable in the cooler temps anymore, I still don't bundle up like everyone else for the "freezing cold temps" we get in Visalia. Have fun newbie Cheeseheads!