It only took a short week or two for it to finally hang by the last thread. Before school on Friday, November 9th, we called Grandma A. in Arizona to wish her a happy birthday and declare that Caleb would probably lose his first tooth in honor of her birthday! I sent him off to school positive that he would be coming home with it in a bag.
However, he made it through the school day and bus ride home with the tooth in place. It wasn't until all 3 kids were standing on our back porch waiting for me to unlock the door. Caleb went to wiggle the tooth to show Chandler and Carlie how it could move in unusual directions ... and the tooth popped out in his fingers there on the porch of our house. I, of course, didn't know this had happened, but when I opened the door for them I was BOMBARDED by screams, squeals, and excited shouting of the story (none of it coming from Caleb ... he was quietly and proudly clutching the tooth). The tooth fairy definitely made a visit to a pleased little boy that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment