Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Surprise!!!

We would like to announce ... we are expecting a baby girl in April! This is a surprise to most of you, and we can explain. Baby #5 (our last, we're pretty sure!) was always "in the plans", but we thought it'd be another year down the road. However, the very day after Marc accepted his new job in Green Bay,WI, I got the positive pregnancy test. Surprise to us! The thought of having a new job, moving to a new home across the country, and having another pregnancy all at once was completely overwhelming. Therefore, we chose to keep it quiet and deal with one major life event at a time.

The lovely nausea hit hard right during our house-hunting trip to Green Bay back in August, and it continued until a few days after we moved into our new home the beginning of October. It wasn't a great time to feel yucky - being a single mom a lot of the time, traveling, moving, etc. However, I was blessed with a fairly mild first trimester (much like the one with Rachel's pregnancy). A few weeks ago (when I started to show), we decided we better tell the children before they begin to suspect Mommy's eating too many sweets! It was good to get settled in WI before breaking the news. They are all thrilled.

We are doing great now, and the ultrasound today showed an active and healthy (it appears) baby girl. Sorry for the delay in telling everyone, but we figured it'd be more fun to tell you after the ultrasound anyways!

4 comments:

Karyl said...

Well, Allyson...congratulations!!!! Very exciting news and you told me the next one was going to be a girl, I guess you did know what you were talking about. I hope you can find a gym in Green Bay with a maternity class. :)

Dan and Ashley said...

Hooray!!! Congrats big sis! We are so excited for Cal's new little baby girl cousin. I still can't believe your guys' predictions....crazy crazy. Well we love you and can hardly wait to meet her. Miss you tons!

Jen said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! Never a dull moment in your house :) When are you due?

Aunt Susie said...

Hey Rogers family! Congratulations on so many achievements this year! We love you and wish you much happiness on your mid-west adventure. One of my favorite places. We're now settled in Idaho (of all places) and I'm loving it, as is Snickers. Dennis is still questioning all the snowfall and cold weather. He was warned! Love, Aunt Susie