Thursday, July 5, 2007

Alpine Slide in Park City, UT

During the evening of July 5, we left Rachel with Marc's parents at the house and the rest of us drove the short distance to the Alpine Slide in Park City. My dad, Alan Updike, met us there to ride the slide.

First, we rode the chair lift up the mountain. We were pleasantly surprised that the chair lift was extra long and fit all 6 of us together. The scenery was beautiful, and Dad tried to ignore his fear of heights.

Grandpa with Chandler on the chair lift going up the mountain.

Getting ready to go!

Daddy and Carlie getting ready to slide!

Mommy and Caleb at the top. They were the first to make it to the bottom, too!


On our little drive down the mountain from the Knight's house, we passed some cars pulled to the side of the road ... staring at this moose! It had a baby with it (not shown). Fascinated but clueless, I told Marc to pull over, I grabbed my camera, and proceded to jump out of the car and walk over close enough to take the picture. A person from a nearby car warned me from their window to "be careful". Still clueless, I snapped the picture and went back to our car. Later I learned that moose can charge and be quite dangerous! Oops! Luckily it never paid attention to me!

No comments: