I'm not sure why the top of the kitchen table became the present-opening location (maybe because mommy was still putting the final touches on the birthday cake a few feet away).
Yay, a Barney that sings! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa A.!
Rachel, her carrot cake (she loved Mommy's birthday cake ... so we all decided to have one again for Rachel!), and two candles.
Chandler coaches her on candle-blowing, but she did a fabulous job by herself! Favorite gift story: A couple months ago, we checked out some books from the library. Rachel quickly grew attached to a board book called "Goodnight, Baby". We read it several times EVERY day. Before we had to return it, I made note of the title and author - this book would make the perfect birthday gift for her! However, every internet search revealed it must be out of print. I could only find a used copy online for one penny (plus $3.99 s/h). I ordered it, not knowing what kind of shape it'd be in. It turned out to be great - better than the library copy. It nearly killed all of us to hide it from her and wait for her birthday. Sometimes I would start to quote the book (I had it memorized) and she would perk up, turn her hands up to her sides and ask, "Where it go??" Therefore, we had the camera ready to catch her reaction on her birthday. Above picture: before. Below picture: classic reaction!!!
Rachel is a very good little mommy to her dollies. She got a new one that wiggles its head and arms and babbles and says "ma ma" until you give it a pacifier or bottle.
3 comments:
Aww happy birthday to Rachel. I can't believe she is two now. They grow up so quick! I am glad you guys are doing so well. We miss ya. :)
I love the cake!! What a cute girl!
I can't believe haw big she is getting!! It feels like just yesterday we were sitting in the mothers room and chit chatting.
Post a Comment