Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Invalid Wins the Game!

Video games are not my thing. For years I was determined NOT to own any ... until a loving Grandpa Don gave us a Playstation about 5 years ago. Thanks a lot Grandpa (with clenched teeth). Then Daddy insisted that we needed a Playstation 2 several years ago (when the 3rd was coming out). Fabulous. I was grateful that no one in our family was totally "hooked" on playing them 24/7, but I still wished they weren't in my home. THEN ... Marc received a Wii for his birthday last October. Great ... BUT ... this was different! I began to change my mind a bit. The Wii was so much more interactive and fun - we found ourselves having family game time together with it.

I find it funny that when avid video-gamers play a game, it's with the intent on "beating the game", not just to play and have a good time. Then when a game is actually beaten, the fun is over and the game disc retired. (Caleb did this with Lego Star Wars a couple years ago.) Well, Caleb got another win today as he was home sick with bronchitis (beginnings of pneumonia) and a sinus infection. Breathing treatments didn't stop him. He was winning, and he didn't want to stop for hours. The Wii game was Mario and Sonic at the Summer Olympic Games, and pretty soon the credits were rolling (and they rolled on and on and on ... apparently there are a lot of people who help make those games!). Way to go, Couch Potato!


No comments: