Thursday, October 2, 2008

Relatives in Wisconsin!

I recently made a wonderful discovery - that my 2nd cousin lives a mere one hour drive away from me! Anjenette (Updike) Pond and her husband and 8 children live in Sheboygan, WI. She and I played together a lot as children in Arizona - I had very few 1st cousins that were girls, so I got pretty close to my 2nd cousins. Years later, she graduated from BYU's Nursing program just as I was beginning it. I think the last time I saw her was over 10 years ago when Chandler was just a baby.

We arranged a playdate, and I drove south to Sheboygan one morning with my two little girls. Her five older kids were at school, but we got to meet Logan (age 4) and Mason & Griffin (identical twins - age 1). It was great fun getting reacquainted, letting the kids play, and eating lunch together. We'll definitely have to get our whole families together sometime!

Here is Anjenette and Logan:

Playing on top of the bunk bed: Logan, Rachel, and Mason (Griffin had just barely gone down for a nap)

No comments: