Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn TIme

... the leaves are falling down. It's autumn time, it's autumn time pretty colors can be found.

Okay, so the children's song from church keeps coming to my mind! What a fun time of year! We didn't fully appreciate it last year, since we moved here on the first of October (and then were insanely busy unpacking and getting settled for the month). But it's been fun to look around town for our favorite colors! (Chandler and I decided that the red trees are the best.)

Chandler has been running a few cross-country races with school, and I was excited to find some gorgeous trees in the park where he ran a couple miles with hundreds of other 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Carlie was at dance practice, but Caleb and the little girls had fun finding the pretty trees with me!


We loved the tree above because it had nearly EVERY color on the same tree!

Chandler came in 102nd place (out of about 500 kids, I'm guessing), but I'm pretty sure he was probably in the top 20 (or less) of his age group. Most of the kids ahead of him looked very old and big! He's a great long distance runner. (this race was approx. 2 miles)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow Chandler did great! Love all the pics of the kids. The trees are beautiful as well. We do miss your family here in California, but I love keeping up with your family through your blog.

The Ridings said...

How beautiful! It is the one thing I miss about season's is the leaves changing color.

41st Avenue Photography said...

So so pretty! I love it! I'm jealous! :)