Monday, June 15, 2009

Ashley's Visit - Last Day

The last day of Ash's visit ... still trying to push through my illness, we had a fun day. Went to the zoo in the morning, and then played outside in the beautiful sunshine. Ash and the kids had a water fight (not I) and enjoyed the swing set.



Kiersy slidin':








Carlie, Ashley, Chandler ... with Calvin and Rachel in front


Ooohh...tough! (or as Ash would say, "Get your game face on!")


The fight begins ...






Gettin' clean afterwards!



Once the little ones were tucked in bed, we savored our last night with Ashley by playing a mean game of Spoons! It got a little out of hand with Ashley and I getting accused of being "too competitive" (what? not I!), then Marc trying a new tactic of practically throwing the spoons across the table to Carlie and Chandler (away from Ash and I), lots of laughing, and eventually a weird impromptu photo shoot. I have no idea how to explain how the following pictures came to be.





I HAD to take this picture of Calvin at the end of the visit in honor of the memory of a cute, ALL-BOY, little man ... wearing pink bibs at our house for the week! Calvin was so fun to have around. He and Rachel really enjoyed their time together (although Kierstyn probably couldn't quite say the same - apparently Calvin has some sort of grudge against younger women - or maybe it's just that he feels the need to show that he's macho by being aggressive - who knows! :-) We love him, regardless, and can't wait to see him again someday!

Sweet cousins giving good-bye hugs!

No comments: