Chandler and I worked hard on the 27th to clear the driveway; then when we were done, he thought he would be rewarded with a clear spot to play basketball. The first basket he made ... no ball appeared! It was stuck in the frozen net! My suggestion was to get another ball - surely it would knock the first one down. But no. I guess that hoop was more frozen than I thought! Poor Chandler. He's the only one of the kids already mentioning he's tired of the winter in Wisconsin since sports are more difficult to pursue!
Caleb and Rachel kicking back in the snow. I forced Rachel to have her pacifier (she's always happy to obey that request) so that her drool (cutting molars right now) won't freeze her chin!
Rachel and Chandler in the front yard.
Carlie on the back porch on Christmas Eve making a mini snowman (to the left) and snow angels. The storm the day before left an odd piling of snow. Because it had been so windy, some spots in the yard had practically no snow, but our back porch had a large drift of snow that had accumulated.
1 comment:
Sometimes I miss the snow, but I never miss shoveling it! My advice to you is to invest in a good snow thrower (not blower, thrower). They are bigger and can clear a driveway and sidewalks in no time flat. It will make winters much better. :)
Post a Comment