To make the day more interesting, school was actually closed that Wednesday due to dangerously cold conditions (-40 degree wind chill). Daddy was able to stay home from work, too, so we all enjoyed the day with Grandma and Grandpa Rogers ... baking lots of cookies to take to the baptism. Everything went well until we were about to leave for the church ... we started hurrying more to give ourselves more time on the slick icy roads. Marc took Chandler and Carlie in his truck, and then the rest of us were to follow shortly in my van. As I was getting all the refreshments and supplies loaded up, hurrying to leave and have enough time on the roads, I neglected to see the last bag of supplies waiting on the garage steps - never making it into the car. Of course, I stressed out once we got to the church and I realized my mistake. But things went fine even without an extra towel, Carlie's hair supplies, pretty church clothes for Rachel (I had kept her in her warm p.j.'s for the car ride), and nice dress shoes for me (clunky boots look okay with a nice Sunday dress, right??). Oh well. She was baptized and confirmed, and that's the important part!




2 comments:
She is so grown up. Time sure flies when you never see each other.
Oh my goodness Allyson, I can't believe Carlie is old enough to be baptized. Congratulations to her. That is wonderful. We sure do miss you here in Visalia. Glad things are going well for you guys. I am so glad that I ran across your blog. Keep in touch! :)
~Amber
Post a Comment