Monday, June 30, 2008

Misc. Moments this Spring

I didn't think Rachel was going to have any of Carlie's curly hair (well, curly when she was little; wavy now), but recently I've noticed the cutest little curls at the nape of her neck after bathtime when her hair begins to dry. But usually the curls straighten out after half a day goes by. Picture taken at 21 months old.



"I'll take the pacifier out for quick, teasing smile, Mom!" (Rachel 21 1/2 months old)

Carlie and Hannah (lives directly across the street from us)

Rare moment when Rachel holds still for a picture. 22 months old


Kierstyn began to really suck her fingers/knuckles a lot at 2 months old - often soothing herself to sleep (since she's not a huge pacifier-fan). She had already drifted to sleep when I snapped this picture, but she opened her eyes from the flashes just in time to look awake on the picture.


Rachel has a little buddy from nursery at church named Isaac (it is his baby brother that shared the Birth-Day Party with Kierstyn). Isaac is a year older than Rachel and therefore speaks more clearly than her. He loves to call her "Rachel Rogers", and he even told me "Rachel is cute". Here they are playing in our backyard one day when I was tending him. Rachel 22 months, Isaac nearly 3 yrs old.


For the first whole week after school was out, my children were surprisingly entertained a large portion of each day with Caleb's Geotrax train set. These trains haven't been touched since we moved here last Fall, but they suddenly provided hours and hours of fun. Chandler was usually the mastermind behind some elaborate track lay-outs, and they all had fun creating little "cities" and "houses" and racing their trains. Here is one of the many tracks they created.



While helping in the church nursery one day, I snapped this picture of Rachel and her friend, C.J.




New 4th of July outfit ... I just HAD to catch a snapshot of her from the back!



No comments: